School 33 Art Center’s New and Improved
Annual Fundraiser & Exhibition
Fundraiser: April 25, 2009
Exhibition Preview: April 18 – April 25, 2009
Submission Deadline: March 20, 2009
School 33 Art Center, a program of the Baltimore Office of Promotion and The Arts, invites artists to submit artwork for consideration for our annual fundraiser exhibition, LOTTA ART presented by Provident Bank. This annual lottery-style event raises funds for the support and growth of School 33, the renowned Baltimore arts institution that has championed the arts for nearly 30 years through exhibitions, studio space, and arts education.
School 33 is proud to announce several significant changes that have been made to this much anticipated event. These include a juried selection process, the ability to preview the selected artwork on School 33’s NEW website, and an all new venue at the award winning Silo Point complex.
To show our appreciation for your generous contribution of artwork, our selection committee will nominate three artists as “Best in Show”. Each of these three artists will be awarded a solo exhibition at School 33 Art Center during the 2009-10 exhibition season.
Additionally, ALL selected artists for LOTTA ART will receive:
* one free “patron” ticket for the April 25th fundraiser
* the opportunity to purchase an additional discounted “art “ ticket
* one year long membership to School 33
* discounts on exhibition applications and art classes
* the opportunity to apply for Members’ Gallery solo exhibitions
If you have donated to Lotta Art in the past, we ask that you continue your support by doing so once again. If you are donating for the first time, please know that your donation will support our mission and our exhibition space—a space that also supports you. For more information about LOTTA ART please visit www.school33.org.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES (please read carefully):
1. Submitted artwork should be no larger than approximately 36”x36”. School 33 suggests that the value of artwork should be between $100-500.
2. Each artist can submit up to five works of art (plus one detail / piece) for consideration. Only one piece per artist will be selected for Lotta Art.
3. Image files should be titled exactly as follows and numbered corresponding to the image description sheet (last_first1.jpg; last_first1detail.jpg, etc.). Each image should be sized at least 72 dpi at approximately 1024 x 768 pixels.
4. Typed image description list including image number, title, materials, dimensions, and date completed. Please be sure to include artist’s name and contact information at the top of the page. Text files should be saved as Microsoft Word documents (last_first.doc)
5. Submissions MUST represent EXACT artwork available to donate for the LOTTA ART fundraiser.
6. All work must be securely framed and/or ready to hang or present.
7. Artists must make all necessary arrangements for the delivery and pick up of their artwork. See details below.
8. Your donation may be tax-deductible. Please consult your tax advisor for your individual circumstances.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Please type LOTTA ART in the subject line for all application materials.
School 33 will also accept images following the same guidelines on a CD and sent to School 33 Art Center before March 20, 2009.
Artists selected for inclusion will be notified by March 30, 2009. All selected artworks should be dropped off at School 33 Art Center NO LATER THAN April 10, 2009. “Best in Show” prizes for solo exhibitions at School 33 Art Center will be announced during the LOTTA ART preview cocktail party April 25, 2009.
If you have questions, please contact Jason Hughes, Exhibitions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 410.396.4641
Posted by B.more.Art